When you start planning a trip to the Canary Islands, one of the first things that comes to mind is: where is it better to sleep? what are the best areas? So here I thought I would create a mini guide on where to stay in the south of Tenerife (the most touristic part), from cheap accommodation to additional luxury accommodation, citing which in my opinion are the best areas depending on the type of trip you want to do.
I have been to Tenerife 2 times in my life, the first time I stayed in the Los Cristianos area, while the last time in February 2022 I stayed in the Adeje area.
They are two completely different trips, in the first I went with friends, while in the second alone.
The area you stay in and the accommodation you choose can greatly influence our trip and experience.
So let’s see together which are the places to stay in the south of Tenerife based on the best areas.
READ ALSO: The 8 best spots to see the sunset in Tenerife
Where to stay in the south of Tenerife if you want to spend little
Let’s start with the question of questions, the one you ask yourself when you decide to stay in Tenerife and not spend a fortune: where to stay in the south of Tenerife on a budget?
I must admit that it is not at all easy to spend little on accommodation in Tenerife, especially on accommodation with tourist rentals.
Tenerife is a popular year-round destination, so short-term rental prices never drop that much.
Despite this, by moving back in time (months ahead) and looking around, it is possible to find some good opportunities.
Below, I recommend some accommodations that generally make good deals for staying in the south of Tenerife:
- Apartment in Vina del Mar: This property is 6 minutes walk from the beach. Located just 1.1 km from Torviscas Beach, Apartamento en. Located in Playa Fañabe, Viña del Mar offers an outdoor pool, garden and shared kitchen.
- costa silence: This property is 4 minutes walk from the beach. Located in Arona, 600 meters from Playa Amarilla and 700 meters from Cala Amarilla Beach, Costa Silencio provides accommodation with free WiFi, air conditioning and an outdoor swimming pool.
- PLAYA HONDA SEA VIEW: This property is 4 minutes walk from the beach. Set in Playa de las Americas, PLAYA HONDA SEA VIEW is 2.6 km from Playa del Callao and offers an outdoor swimming pool, free WiFi, a 24-hour front desk, and an ATM.
- Matteo Apartment: This property is 6 minutes walk from the beach. Apartamento matteo is located in Las Galletas, 2.9 km from Playa Colmenares, and offers a terrace. The property has a private swimming pool and free private parking.
Additional luxury accommodation in the south of Tenerife
Moving on from budget and entry level accommodation, we can move on to see where to stay in the south of Tenerife in additional luxury accommodation.
It’s certainly not my style of travel but let’s face it, sometimes indulging in a few extra services and attention that only luxury hotels can provide is a real panacea.
Below I recommend some of the best luxury accommodation in the south of Tenerife.
- Hotel Riu Arecas – Adults Only: This property is 6 minutes walk from the beach. Hotel Riu Arecas – Adults Only has a restaurant, bar and garden in Adeje. This 4-star hotel has a terrace and air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi.
- Flamingo Suites Boutique Hotel: This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Just 100 meters from La Pinta Beach, the beautiful Flamingo Suites complex offers free Wi-Fi and stylish apartments with balconies and kitchens, set around a heated outdoor pool and sun terrace.
- Gran Oasis Resort: The Gran Oasis Resort welcomes you to a luxurious 3-star aparthotel, located next to the Las Américas golf course. Set in gardens, this complex has a large outdoor swimming pool and views of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Adeje Paradise Apartments:Adeje Paradise Apartments has a garden, restaurant, bar, year-round outdoor pool, shared lounge, sun terrace and garden in Adeje. with a view of the garden. Free Wi-Fi and free private parking are available.
A guide to the best neighborhoods to stay
The south of Tenerife is one of the most touristic areas, since there is a very convenient airport to reach the most popular destinations in Tenerife, but also and above all because in the south of Tenerife the climate is much milder and sunnier. than in the north of the island of Tenerife.
One of my favorite places to stay in the south of Tenerife is without a doubt the area of Los Cristianos / Las Americasthat’s because it’s a very lively area of Tenerife, full of shops, bars, surf equipment rental places, clubs and restaurants of all kinds.
This area is particularly suitable if you are looking to have fun but also if you want to have everything at your fingertips.
Another ideal place to stay in the south of Tenerife is that of Adejequieter, slightly detached from the nightlife but well connected to the tourist area of Las Americas, reachable in 15 minutes by car.
Adeje was where I was staying with the camp and I felt pretty good.
coast of silence this is another area to keep in mind when choosing where to stay in the south of tenerife, especially if you are a couple looking for tranquility.
This area is also particularly popular with older people and accommodations are generally much cheaper than in Las Americas.
These are the best areas if you are deciding where to stay in the south of Tenerife.
I hope I was helpful and if you need anything else you can find me on Instagram here.