Are you planning to visit this beautiful region of Italy and wondering where to sleep in Cinque Terre without having to open a mortgage?
Calm, I went there too.
Staying in the Cinque Terre is expensive, and I must admit that staying here still has its charm, even if I don’t find it strictly necessary if you want to visit the Cinque Terre.
Why am I saying this? It is very simple. The Cinque Terre are perfectly connected by a train that departs from Spezia and continues past Monterosso, and with the Cinque Terre Card you can move freely without having to pay for the ticket each time.
To visit the Cinque Terre I would say that the Cinque Terre card is essential.
But here we want to talk about where to stay in Cinque Terre spending the bare minimum and possibly not missing out on anything.
Let’s see together which are the best areas you can choose.
READ ALSO: Cinque Terre on foot: discover the most beautiful walks in the Cinque Terre
Cheap accommodation to visit the Cinque Terre
Stay in Bonassola to visit the Cinque Terre
If you are thinking of going to these places and where to stay while visiting the Cinque Terre, Bonassola could be for you.
We are talking about a pretty village not far from the Cinque Terre, very well connected by train which you can use with your Cinque Terre card.
I was there a few years ago when I stayed at La Francesca Resort, a splendid complex overlooking the sea with a really beautiful beach, I recommend it if you like this kind of very naturalistic places.
Around Bonassola there are several cheap accommodations, certainly cheaper than those found in the Cinque Terre, and a walk in the village is always pleasant if you don’t want to go to the Cinque Terre.
Below I recommend some accommodations:
- Cla Cha B&B: Located in Bonassola, 1.4 km from Porto Pidocchio Beach, Cla Cha B&B features a garden and free private parking. The property has free Wi-Fi throughout the property.
- Hotel Villa Belvedere: This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. Set high above the Ligurian Sea, 700 meters from Bonassola Train Station, Hotel Villa Belvedere offers rooms with an LCD TV with Sky channels, some with garden or sea views.
- VILLA MIMOSA: This property is 10 minutes walk from the beach. Set in Bonassola, 350 meters from Bonassola Beach and 1.4 km from Vallesanta Beach, VILLA MIMOSA Splendida Vista Mare offers a garden, free WiFi and private parking. free. This property includes a shared kitchen and a terrace. Family accommodation is available on site.
Levanto, right there a stone’s throw from the Cinque Terre
Just next to Bonassola, going towards the Cinque Terre, we find Levanto, another small village very pleasant to visit perfectly connected to the Cinque Terre.
The train that goes through all the stages of the Cinque Terre obviously passes through here, and as you can imagine the accommodation is much cheaper.
Here there are also tons of surf schools, kite surfing and all other water games, so if you are a fan of the genre like me, you will find your work cut out.
It is undoubtedly one of the best places to stay when visiting the Cinque Terre.
Below, I recommend some cheap accommodations that might interest you:
- The mill room: Located in Levanto, 2.5 km from Levanto Beach and 2.7 km from Spiaggia Valle Santa, La camera del mulino has a garden, free WiFi throughout the property and free WiFi. establishment and free private parking. Each room has a balcony with mountain views.
- Olive Tree: Located about 2 km from Levanto Beach, Ulivo offers air-conditioned accommodation with mountain views, terrace and coffee machine. The holiday home features a garden, barbecue, free WiFi and free private parking.
- Casa Maria: Located a 10-minute drive from Levanto Train Station and 9 km from Cinque Terre National Park, Casa Maria apartment features a balcony and free WiFi.
- Cinqueterre – Terrace and beautiful view: Le Cinqueterre – Terrasse et belle vue is located in Levanto, in an area ideal for hiking, 2.4 km from Valle Santa Beach and from Levanto Beach. Housed in a building dating from 1900, this apartment is 2.6 km from Bonassola Beach. Wi-Fi is available free of charge.
Want to save even more? Stay in La Spezia
La Spezia is the main hub from which trains depart, which can be used with the Cinque Terre card, which leads directly to Cinque Terre.
Why stay in La Spezia? For two reasons.
The first reason is that it is enough to go to the central station (easily accessible) to be able to go to the Cinque Terre, and in addition here the accommodation costs less than in the Cinque Terre and there is also more choice.
Below I recommend some of them:
- Pretty Roger: Located in La Spezia, Jolly Roger Affittacamere offers colorful en suite accommodation and free Wi-Fi throughout.
- good night moon: Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Good Night Moon is located in La Spezia, 200 meters from San Giorgio Castle and Amedeo Lia Museum.
- Marina: Well located in La Spezia, Porta Marina offers air-conditioned rooms, a bar and free WiFi.
- Macaia House: Featuring free WiFi, Casa Macaia is located in La Spezia, 7 km from the port.
The best cheap accommodation in Cinque Terre
All the accommodations that I have recommended to you above have not satisfied you and you are wondering where to sleep to visit the Cinque Terre?
I understand you, however these places are magical and resisting their charm is not easy.
Below I recommend some cheap accommodation in Cinque Terre that you might consider:
- Bed and Breakfast Ca’ Dei Lisci: The Ca ‘dei Lisci is an essential and functional structure located in a particularly quiet area in the center of Rioveggio. Enjoy the atmosphere of the Cinque Terre.
- Rooms Fontanavecchia: This property is 6 minutes walk from the beach. Offering spacious accommodation with free Wi-Fi, Camere Fontanavecchia is located near Vernazza Train Station, just a 5-minute walk from the beach.
- Cecio 5 Terre Rooms: This property is 12 minutes walk from the beach.
- Offices: This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach.